Eastenders’ star Ryan Philpott and Ben Jones, of Doctor’s fame, among Lord’s Taverners team set to visit Sudbury
- Credit: Archant
Stars of BBC soap EastEnders and West End hit musical Mamna Mia! are among the celebrities lined up to play in a charity cricket match next month.
The Lord’s Taverners will make an appearance at the Friars Street ground in Sudbury on July 26. It is the third time the team has visited the ground in 10 years - last time they attracted more than 800 spectators.
Ryan Philpott, who will captain the side, is currently playing Sergeant Kenny Morris in EastEnders. He has a secondary career as an award-winning TV sports documentary maker. Mamma Mia! actor Richard Trinder, also boasts sports credentials of “specialist wicket-keeper and sledger for Wandsworth Cowboys Cricket Club”.
Another actor visiting Sudbury will be Ben Jones, who plays Dr Greg Robinson in the BBC’s daytime soap Doctors.
Sudbury cricket club president Ted Clarkson, said the visitors would be fielding a team strong in show business names, along with cricketers likely to include at least one former England player.
You may also want to watch:
Admission will be free on the day, although the club is selling lunches for the match.
Visit www.sudburycricket.co.uk for details.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 3 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 4 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 5 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
- 6 WATCH as man calmly rips wooden gate off hinges before walking away
- 7 See inside abandoned hotel with swimming pool as it goes up for auction
- 8 Matchday Recap: All-square as Dobra impresses at Shrewsbury
- 9 Man in 30s dies in serious crash between two cars in Wherstead
- 10 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer