Ed Sheeran swaps his guitar for a colourful book as he reads Cbeebies bedtime story
- Credit: Guy Levy
Suffolk’s pop superstar Ed Sheeran is the latest big-name to entertain the nation’s children with a CBeebies Bedtime Story.
Swapping his guitar for a book, Ed will be heading for the small screen on Friday, November 5 to read ‘I Talk Like a River’ by Jordan Scott and Sydney Smith. It’s the moving story of a boy with a stutter, whose father helps him by explaining that the flow of his words is like a river.
The singer experienced a stutter himself as a young boy.
Ed said: “Growing up, I had a stutter like the boy in ‘I Talk Like a River’, so I’m delighted to be reading this story for CBeebies Bedtime Stories, especially as I’m a new dad myself. I hope the story helps inspire and support other children who stutter.”
The star follows in the footsteps of other musicians who have appeared on CBeebies Bedtime Stories including Dave Grohl, Dolly Parton, Bjorn Ulvaeus, Rag'n'Bone Man, Sir Elton John, George Ezra, Alesha Dixon, Robbie Williams, Mark Ronson and Will Young, as well as actors Tom Hardy, Felicity Jones, Regé-Jean Page, Tom Hiddleston, Orlando Bloom and Joanna Page.
Ed will also be releasing a new 14-track album ‘Equals’ or = on Friday, October 29.
Ed says that the album will feature a more stripped back acoustic guitar sound than Divide, his previous album, and has been influenced by his marriage to wife Cherry and becoming a father for the first time.
- 1 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 2 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 3 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 4 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 5 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 6 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-1 win against Crewe
- 7 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
- 8 Truck overturns on wet, slippery road near Stowmarket
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
The singer said: "I see it as my coming-of-age record, and I can’t wait to share this next chapter with you."
A single ‘Bad Habits’ has already been released.
Ed will be also hitting the road for a UK stadium tour from May 12 to July 1, 2022. Starting in Belfast, the 'Mathematics Tour' will end up with a seven night run at Wembley Stadium. There is no indication of any Suffolk dates this time.
It has also been announced that Ed will also be performing on this year’s Royal Variety Performance, hosted by Alan Carr, which will be broadcast on ITV sometime during December.
CBeebies Bedtime Stories is on each weekday at 6.50pm on the CBeebies channel and is also available on BBC iPlayer. Ed Sheeran’s CBeebies Bedtime Story will air on Friday, November 5.