Clubber fined for cocaine possession after declaring fondness for partying in police interview
- Credit: Archant
A teenager told police ‘I like to party’ following his arrest for cocaine possession outside an Ipswich club.
A court heard how Eduardo Vargas had not used the drug since January 27.
Sin bar staff reported their concerns about the 19-year-old’s behaviour to police, who arrived and noticed a cellophane packet – containing an amount of cocaine consistent with personal use – had fallen from the bottom of his trouser leg.
In interview, he told police: “I like to party. I take cocaine every weekend when I go out. I don’t regret my actions.”
Vargas, of Felix Road, Ipswich, had no previous convictions before admitting possession at South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
Magistrates heard how Vargas had realised the stupidity of his comments in interview. He apologised, said he had learned his lesson and had not used cocaine since that evening.
He must pay a £150 fine and cover court costs.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 3 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 4 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 5 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 7 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 9 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 10 Pedestrian taken to hospital after collision with car