Suffolk apprentice joins prestigious hairdressing fellowship
- Credit: Joshua Easter
An apprentice hairdresser from Suffolk says he is ‘thrilled’ to have been chosen to join the Fellowship for British Hairdressers.
Joshua Easter, 19, from Wetheringsett, entered a competition run by the British Fellowship of Hairdressers held and had to make it through an audition process whereby contestants had to demonstrate their skills and discuss their future ambitions.
Seven candidates were then selected to join the 2022 Clubstar art team who will spend the next 12 months attending expert mentoring sessions, networking opportunities and educational workshops.
Josh, who is currently studying a level three hairdressing apprenticeship at West Suffolk College and works at VAE in Diss, said: “I’m thrilled to become part of this illustrious group.
"I’m sure it will broaden my professional horizons in terms of my industry experiences and create lots of opportunities.
“The college and VAE have been incredible,” he added.
Marnie Randall, Head of Academy of Hair and Beauty Studies at West Suffolk College: “Josh is passionate, curious and driven to be a big success.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 6 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 7 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 8 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 9 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 10 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
“He has been a fabulous student and we are extremely proud of all his achievements.”