Eight titles for Greg . . . a new record
GREG Hancock has won the American Championship once more.It's the eighth time the Grand Prix star has been successful.Hancock surpassed the record of Mike Bast, a seven-times winner, after victory in the third and final leg of this year's series at Auburn.
GREG Hancock has won the American Championship once more.
It's the eighth time the Grand Prix star has been successful.
Hancock surpassed the record of Mike Bast, a seven-times winner, after victory in the third and final leg of this year's series at Auburn.
Hancock took the title on 62 points, from 2008 champion Billy Janniro on 53 and Bart Bast on 40.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "I always thought Mike would be the man to go down in history after winning all those titles. My plan is to keep racing for at least another year. While I'm still feeling as young as I am, and I still have the desire to be the best, I will keep on going until I can't do it anymore."
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!