Eight to face court over cannabis’ conspiracy
IPSWICH: Eight people are today facing charges of conspiring to supply cannabis after police raids in and around Ipswich.
Louise Rosher, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary, said the accused are due to appear before South East Suffolk Magistrates Court next Thursday.
Seven men and a woman are among those who have been charged.
Megan Williams, 20, of Norwich Road, Barham is facing one count of conspiracy to supply cannabis.
All her seven male co-defendants face two counts of the same charge.
You may also want to watch:
Among them are David Hannatt, 30, of Church Road, Otley, Dale Banham 33, of Meeting Lane, Grundisburgh, Thomas Hughes, 31, of Blenheim Road, Ipswich, and Tyrone Hennessy, 37, of Bromley Close, Ipswich.
The remaining three defendants will be Paul Jones, 33, of Dorset Close, Ipswich, Christopher Casabona, 37, of Bull Road, Ipswich, and Daniel Lloyd, 32, of Beatty Road, Ipswich.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 5 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 9 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
- 10 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
The prosecutions come after police carried out a number of search warrants at properties in Ipswich and the surrounding area on November 12 last year.
Drugs, money and other drug related items were seized.
Police have said seven men were arrested as a result of those raids.
An eighth person, a female, was arrested on Tuesday.