Elderly man dies after road accident
AN ELDERLY man has died after being airlifted to hospital following a two car crash on the A12 in north Suffolk.
AN ELDERLY man has been killed after he was involved in a two car crash on the A12.
The man, who is believed to be in his 80s, has died in hospital after his black Skoda Felicia was involved in a collision with a red Vauxhall Astra at the junction with the B1126 at Wangford.
The crash happened at 3.50pm yesterday afternoon and initially closed the A12 near to the Suffolk-Norfolk border as the man, who is local to the area, was airlifted to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
A couple thought to be in their 20s were also taken to hospital by ambulance with less severe injuries.
Inspector Jim Gooding, of Suffolk police, said: “The driver of the Skoda has passed away.
- 1 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 2 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 3 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 4 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 5 London couple transform Suffolk home into an 'intimate' lifestyle retreat
- 6 Two motorbikes stolen after break-in at Suffolk home
- 7 14 players that Town could target for a creative spark
- 8 Former Town striker's front-to-back season could end in Wembley glory
- 9 'He's an amazing guy... a legend' - United keeper de Gea's praise for new Town coach Grant
- 10 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
“He is an elderly gentleman who lived locally.”
The man's name cannot be released as officers are still trying to inform his next of kin of his death.
Insp Gooding added they are appealing for witnesses to the crash on the Norfolk Road and are urged anyone who has any information to contact PC Roy Dade at the serious collision investigation team on 01473 613500.