Woman in her 80s robbed and pushed against wall in Mill Road, Haverhill
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after an elderly woman reported being robbed in Haverhill on Friday.
Officers believe the woman, in her 80s, was approached by a man in Mill Road at around 10.30am.
The suspected robber then pushed the woman against a wall and stole her handbag before running away.
Detectives say he may have run off in the direction of Chauntry Road or Camps Road.
The man is described as being around 5ft 7in tall, and it is thought he was wearing a brown coat or a hodded top.
You may also want to watch:
Police chiefs investigating the incident said: “The woman sustained a sore shoulder and was very shaken as a result of the incident.
“The Marks & Spencer carrier bag (she was carrying) contained a brown purse described as of Spanish design.
- 1 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 6 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
“The purse had reward cards and cash inside.”
Officers are encouraging witnesses and anyone with information to come forward.
If you can help, call West CID on 101 quoting reference 3589/18.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via their online form.