Woman in her 80s robbed and pushed against wall in Mill Road, Haverhill
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after an elderly woman reported being robbed in Haverhill on Friday.
Officers believe the woman, in her 80s, was approached by a man in Mill Road at around 10.30am.
The suspected robber then pushed the woman against a wall and stole her handbag before running away.
Detectives say he may have run off in the direction of Chauntry Road or Camps Road.
The man is described as being around 5ft 7in tall, and it is thought he was wearing a brown coat or a hodded top.
Police chiefs investigating the incident said: “The woman sustained a sore shoulder and was very shaken as a result of the incident.
“The Marks & Spencer carrier bag (she was carrying) contained a brown purse described as of Spanish design.
- 1 Ex-Town loanee Bonne looks set to depart QPR
- 2 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 3 Town centre road closed after becoming flooded in torrential rain
- 4 'Nottingham Knockers' targeting homes in east Suffolk village
- 5 Fears over impact of cottage plans on landmark Suffolk windmill
- 6 Road near Ipswich flooded as drivers forced to find alternative routes
- 7 Stu says: Six observations following 1-0 win at Burton
- 8 Severe delays on A12 as carriageway floods during extreme rainfall
- 9 'We deserved more' - Burton boss on Town defeat
- 10 Thunderstorms warning upgraded in Suffolk ahead of rain
“The purse had reward cards and cash inside.”
Officers are encouraging witnesses and anyone with information to come forward.
If you can help, call West CID on 101 quoting reference 3589/18.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via their online form.