Suffolk egg company’s ‘chicken run’ to cheer up customers
- Credit: Archant
An egg production company has found an inventive way of distributing their produce - by dressing as a chicken to liven up their morning deliveries.
Elmsett Game Farm is a small family run business in Great Cornard and has been producing and packaging free range chicken and goose eggs for 20 years.
Owners Will and Mandy Fison deliver their orders to many businesses within the Sudbury area, including Lavenham Butchers, Jamie’s Meat In butchers in Sudbury and Budgen’s in Long Melford.
Mrs Fison, who has three children, wanted to cheer her customers up during the coronavius crisis - during which they have seen egg sales rocket with many people baking to relieve boredom.
She said: “All of us have pulled together the last few weeks to supply a greatly increased demand for eggs. Sometimes under duress but never the less we work together with lots of laughs and silliness.
You may also want to watch:
“We didn’t think for a minute eggs were going to be in such demand. We’re so glad our girls (the chickens) don’t feel the pressure they are under right now and they continue to produce the best and freshest eggs. They are so fresh we’re packing them still warm.”
“While out on delivery rounds, I’ve noticed people are a little down beat.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 4 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 6 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 7 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Mike Bacon: 'Be careful what you wish for' - But we've been proved right, we saw this coming years ago
“So if I can bring a little joy by dressing like a wally to deliver their eggs, then bring it on.
“I’m hoping if I make just one person smile it was worth it.”