max temp: 13°C

min temp: 9°C


Two men found not guilty of firearms offences in Clacton

PUBLISHED: 18:34 15 August 2018 | UPDATED: 18:34 15 August 2018

The men were found not guilty at Chelmsford Crown Court. Picture: GOOGLE MAPS

The men were found not guilty at Chelmsford Crown Court. Picture: GOOGLE MAPS


Two men, both from London, were found not guilty of three firearms charges after another man reported being shot at.

Elton Dsaine, 24, of Agincourt Road, London NW3, and Lee O’Sullivan, 28, of Albert Street, London NW1 were both charged with three counts of attempting to cause grievous bodily harm with intent and one count of possession of a shotgun with intent to cause fear of violence.

Mr Sullivan was also charged with dangerous driving.

They denied the charges and after a trial at Chelmsford Crown Court were found not guilty on Wednesday, August 15.

The incident when shots were reportedly fired occurred around 7pm on Friday, November 11 last year in Beach Road, Clacton-on-Sea.

Detective Inspector Gary Biddle said: “We carried out a thorough investigation.

“The jury have reached their verdicts after consideration of all the evidence we have presented to them in this case”.

A third man, Joshua Heath, 28 of Oseney Crescent, London NW5, who had been charged in connection with incident had the charges dismissed at a previous hearing.

Police have closed an armed robbery case after failing to identify a suspect.

An alcoholic accused of murdering a homeless man whose badly beaten body was found in the stairwell of a Colchester car park has told a court that the victim was still alive when he and his two co-defendants left him.

Free tickets to go and watch the mighty Tractor Boys play at Portman Road are being given to nearby schools.

A nursery in Felixstowe has been put into special measures after it received its second “inadequate” Ofsted inspection this year.

A charity will be able to continue changing the lives of young people in Sudbury after it was awarded £120,000 to buy its premises.

Armed police were called to a Suffolk village yesterday after a man with a knife barricaded himself inside a property.

A Bury St Edmunds secondary school will no longer operate on two sites from September next year, it has been announced.

Most read

Show Job Lists

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to the following newsletters:

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

MyDate24 MyPhotos24