Severe traffic delays due to emergency repairs
- Credit: Archant
A construction site caused mass delays on the A120 in Essex after emergency road works were needed on the road.
There were long delays on Coggeshall Road in both directions at the street, affecting traffic between Braintree and Coggeshall.
This was due to a broken manhole cover in the village of Bradwell on the A120.
The incident was first reported to the AA traffic site at 10.45am today with severe traffic hitting the area.
Delays of up to 30 minutes were seen further down the road as vehicles ground to halt from Coggeshall Road and past The Dolphin pub.
You may also want to watch:
Queuing traffic built on the eastbound side for the A131 Roundabout.
On the westbound side, motorists were stick as far back as West Street.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 4 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 5 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 6 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 7 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 8 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 9 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 10 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
This caused traffic in other areas with tailbacks building on the A120 eastbound down to the Marks Farm roundabout.
Vehicles were moving at just five miles per hour there.
Essex Highways were able to fix the cover and traffic eased within the hour.
A collapsed manhole cover is still causing problems on the A12 heading towards Ipswich.