Heavy traffic disruption in Ipswich due to ‘essential’ gas works
- Credit: Archant
Temporary three-way traffic lights put up on Norwich Road are causing major traffic problems.
This has caused tailbacks from the Rose and Crown pub to St Matthew’s Street, with knock effects in the rest of the town centre.
According to Cadent, a gas supplier, they are carrying out essential works in the road to connect nearby properties to the gas network.
The roadworks are set to go on until Friday, October 12, and are located just past the junction with Bramford Road.
Suffolk police have stated that, at this time, they have received no calls about the traffic issues.
Stay with us for more updates.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 6 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 7 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 8 'Fans are disgruntled - I understand it' - Cook on Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 9 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 10 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week