Heavy traffic disruption in Ipswich due to ‘essential’ gas works
- Credit: Archant
Temporary three-way traffic lights put up on Norwich Road are causing major traffic problems.
This has caused tailbacks from the Rose and Crown pub to St Matthew’s Street, with knock effects in the rest of the town centre.
According to Cadent, a gas supplier, they are carrying out essential works in the road to connect nearby properties to the gas network.
The roadworks are set to go on until Friday, October 12, and are located just past the junction with Bramford Road.
Suffolk police have stated that, at this time, they have received no calls about the traffic issues.
You may also want to watch:
Stay with us for more updates.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 4 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 7 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 8 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 9 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 10 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons