Emergency services called to washing machine fire at home in Wangford
- Credit: Archant
A man was treated for smoking inhalation after a washing machine fire broke out at his home in Suffolk.
Emergency services were called to a property in Church Street, Wangford, near Southwold, shortly after 7.45am today.
The blaze was contained to an outhouse at the address, a spokesman for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said.
The resident was given oxygen therapy from firefighters after breathing in smoke, and then left in the care of the ambulance service.
Suffolk Constabulary was also sent to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said no investigation would be carried out as the fire was believed to have started accidently.
The fire brigade sent three crews, one each from Southwold, Halesworth and Lowestoft South, to the address.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 8 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 9 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
The incident was declared under control just before 8.40am.