Vote for your favourites in Eat Suffolk Food and Drink Awards 2019
- Credit: Archant
Nominate your favourite food and drink businesses in Suffolk before the deadline on February 17.
Entries are officially open for the prestigious Eat Suffolk Food and Drink Awards 2019. Founded by Suffolk Magazine and the East Anglian Daily Times to celebrate the hard work, dedication and skill of our county’s food and drink professionals, these awards recognise the crème de la crème of the industry, from chefs, to pubs, cafés, restaurants, farmers and producers.
Last year a record amount of entries flooded in, and this year we want to see even more, with a cut-off date of February 17.
All the categories and criteria for the 13 awards can be found at online. And once the votes have been counted, our expert judges will create a shortlist of businesses, putting them through a rigorous process involving either announced or unannounced visits, interviews and more, which will enable them to select their four finalists, one of which will be the winner of their category.
Businesses and individuals can enter themselves, and members of the public can enter their favourites.
The winners will be announced at an evening ceremony at Milsoms Kesgrave Hall on April 29.
Categories for the awards, which are headline sponsored by the East of England Co-op, are:
Best Independent Food and Drink Retailer – sponsored by Suffolk Magazine
Restaurant of the Year – sponsored by Bidfood
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 3 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 4 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 5 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 6 13 years behind bars for man who killed a dad out celebrating with family
- 7 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 8 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 9 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 10 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
Young Chef of the Year – sponsored by Bidfood
Field to Fork – sponsored by Ashtons Legal
Beer Quality Award – sponsored by Woodforde’s Brewery
Pub of the Year – sponsored by G + G Gallo Enterprises
Pride of Suffolk – sponsored by Montage Communications
Outstanding Customer Service – sponsored by EADT
Chef of the Year – sponsored by Fisher and Woods
Best Newcomer – sponsored by Larking Gowen
Suffolk Food and Drink Hero - sponsored by the East of England Co-op
Entering or being nominated can make such a differences to local businesses says Brendan Padfield, owner of the winning Restaurant of the Year 2018, The Unruly Pig: “There is no doubt that the EAT Food and Drink Awards made a very real difference to our business. That’s not just in terms of more customers on seats, though that was certainly one result. “Perhaps more importantly, the award gave a tremendous sense of pride to the whole team. Being able to say you are the best in the county is a great feeling and thus this award has certainly had a positive impact on recruitment and retention. The irony is that I was not even going to bother to enter as I thought we had little chance of winning. What a mistake that would have been! I am now so proud and so grateful to the Eat Suffolk Food and Drink Awards.”