NHS report region’s first coronavirus-related death in four days
- Credit: Archant
The first coronavirus-related death in the past four days has been announced by NHS England.
According to the latest figures, one person has died under the care of East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT).
The trust runs both Ipswich and Colchester hospitals, alongside smaller centres in Aldeburgh and Felixstowe.
The location of the death and further details on the patient’s identity are yet to be released by ESNEFT.
Their death is the first related to virus to be reported in Suffolk and north Essex since Wednesday, June 17, when one person died at an ESNEFT hospital – while a person in their 80s with underlying health conditions died at West Suffolk Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The latest national death figures are yet to be released by the Department of Health and Social Care.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 4 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 5 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 6 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 9 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill
- 10 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties