Essex: Duo found dead with gunshot wounds in Crays Hill
A MAN and a woman have been found dead with gunshot wounds in Essex.
The pair - who police believe are mother and son - were discovered around 8pm on Monday at an address in Pitsea View Road, Crays Hill near Basildon.
The man is aged in his 30s, while the woman is in her late 70s.
Detective chief inspector Mark Hall, of Essex Police, said: “We are investigating the circumstances leading up to the deaths of these two people, who have not been formally identified, but we believe them to be mother and son.
“We believe that they may have been dead for some days and need to speak to anyone who has been in the area of Pitsea View Road recently and has any information that can help us with our enquiries.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate at Brentwood on 101 or email SCDAppeals@essex.pnn.police.uk
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 8 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- 9 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 10 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside