Bungalow suffers smoke damage after plastic bowl left on oven top
- Credit: Archant
A fire started in a house after a plastic bowl was left on top of an oven, causing smoke damage to the property.
Two crews from Clacton and one crew from Weeley attended the fire Clapgate Drive, Little Clacton, at 5.30am on Tuesday, March 19.
It was extinguished by 6am.
Watch manager Andy Marshall said: “The fire started after a plastic bowl was left on the top of an oven, which was then accidently turned on.
“Thankfully the smoke alarm alerted the homeowner to the fire and she was then able to get out and call 999.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s really important to keep your oven and hob area clear when you’ve finished cooking.
“Make sure you keep tea towels and cloths away from the cooker and hob too and always double check the cooker is off when you’ve finished cooking.”
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 4 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 6 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 7 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 8 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 9 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 10 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections