Essex: Justin Timberlake, The Killers and Ed Sheeran to play V Festival 2014
- Credit: Frank Micelotta/Invision/AP
US superstar Justin Timberlake and The Killers are to headline this year’s V Festival.
Other big name acts lined up over the weekend for the twin-site event include Ed Sheeran, Paolo Nutini, Lily Allen and Elbow.
Crowd-pleasing star Nile Rodgers will also be performing with his disco act Chic at the festival, staged at Hylands Park, Chelmsford and Weston Park, Staffordshire on August 16 and 17.
Brit Award winners Bastille, Sam Smith and Rudimental will be playing, and Katy B - who recently topped the album chart - is on the bill.
In addition, the line-up will include Example, Kaiser Chiefs, Manic Street Preachers, The Human League and All Saints among the dozens of performers who will perform on four stages across each site.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets go on sale on Friday from 9am at www.vfestival.com. Around 170,000 people will attend across the two days with the acts alternating at each location.
V Festival director Bob Angus said: “We have pulled together a line-up of huge depth with a variety of artists across many musical genres and 2014 is set to be another fantastic year in V Festival’s 19-year history.”
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 6 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth