Man admits trying to throw drugs into Suffolk jail
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press, Archant
A man was caught attempting to throw drugs over the fence at a Suffolk prison, a court heard.
Robbie Holliday, 33, of Brindles, Canvey Island, Essex, appeared at Ipswich Crown Court on Monday and pleaded guilty to attempting to throw a list A article into Highpoint prison in August last year.
The court heard that Holliday was unsuccessful in his attempt to throw cannabis over the fence at the category C prison, in Stradishall, on August 18, 2019.
Judge David Pugh ordered a pre-sentence report on Holliday - who has 20 previous convictions for 30 offences.
Judge Pugh told Holliday: "I am going to renew your bail on the same conditions as before.
You may also want to watch:
"All sentencing options are open."
Holliday's sentence was placed in a warned list at Ipswich Crown Court for March 30.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 8 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
He was released on conditional bail.