Man admits trying to throw drugs into Suffolk jail
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press, Archant
A man was caught attempting to throw drugs over the fence at a Suffolk prison, a court heard.
Robbie Holliday, 33, of Brindles, Canvey Island, Essex, appeared at Ipswich Crown Court on Monday and pleaded guilty to attempting to throw a list A article into Highpoint prison in August last year.
The court heard that Holliday was unsuccessful in his attempt to throw cannabis over the fence at the category C prison, in Stradishall, on August 18, 2019.
Judge David Pugh ordered a pre-sentence report on Holliday - who has 20 previous convictions for 30 offences.
Judge Pugh told Holliday: "I am going to renew your bail on the same conditions as before.
"All sentencing options are open."
Holliday's sentence was placed in a warned list at Ipswich Crown Court for March 30.
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 3 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 4 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 5 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 6 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
- 7 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 8 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 9 'That is the calibre'- Oxford boss on potential transfer move for Norwood
- 10 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
He was released on conditional bail.