Fire brigade called to free man’s arm from letterbox
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters in Essex were called to a house in Chelmsford early this morning after a man got his arm stuck in a letterbox after a night out.
Essex Fire and Rescue were called at around 2.30am to a property on Hazledon Close.
Officers say that after arriving home following a night out the man realised he had forgotten his keys so tried to open the door by putting his arm through the letterbox.
However, instead of unlocking the door the man’s arms soon became stuck with firefighters being called to release him.
The crew from Chelmsford, were then able to use small tools to remove the letterbox from the door and release the man’s arm.
You may also want to watch:
Watch manager at Chelmsford Fire Station, Nick Singleton,said: “We only attend incidents like this if we believe there might be a risk to someone’s health or potential fire, but in this case the man’s arm was completely stuck.
“We encourage everyone to take care on a night out, not put yourself in danger, and of course, try not to forget your keys!”
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 8 'I am delighted to be joining. There is a lot of hard work that lies ahead' - Town's new CEO Ashton confirmed
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop