Essex: Memorial service to honour Pc Ian Dibell to be held on Wednesday
A MEMORIAL service to honour heroic Essex police officer Ian Dibell will take place on Wednesday.
It’s being held at St James Church, Tower Road, Clacton, from 3pm.
The 41-year-old was killed near his home in Clacton, Essex, while he was off duty on July 9.
It is thought he was going to the aid of Trevor Marshall, 48, who was injured in the attack.
His suspected killer, Peter Reeve, 64, shot himself dead in a churchyard in Writtle, near Chelmsford, the following day.
You may also want to watch:
Wednesday’s memorial service will include an Essex Police guard of honour at the entrance to the church.
There will be tributes from Jim Barker-McCardle, chief constable of Essex Police, and members of Pc Dibell’s family.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Hadleigh home with loo in master bedroom hits the market
- 8 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 9 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 10 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies