Essex: Paraglider fire is false alarm
REPORTS of a paraglider catching fire while flying over an Essex village was a false alarm, the fire service has said.
The Essex County Fire and Rescue Service was alerted to an incident which was believed to involve a paraglider at about 11.45am in St Peters Close, Goldhanger.
Two crews from Maldon, another from Witham, Colchester and Tollesbury attended the scene.
A spokesman for the brigade said paramedics and police officers have been called to the incident involving “a paraglider, airboune and on fire”.
He added: “The incident appears to have been a false alarm.”
You may also want to watch:
Check this website for updates.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 3 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 4 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 Ipswich to face army of familiar faces as Town draw U's in EFL Trophy
- 9 A&E under pressure as patient levels return to pre-pandemic levels
- 10 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border