Suspected drug-driver and car thief ‘ate police drug wipe’
A driver suspected of crashing a stolen car while “heavily intoxicated” is also accused of spitting at two police officers and then eating the drugs testing kit.
Sergeant Colin Shead of Essex Police’s roads policing team Tweeted about the incident in Colchester this week.
He said two of his officers were spat at when trying to arrest the man suspected of crashing a stolen car.
“Not only is he heavily intoxicated he also ate the drug wipe,” he added.
“Criminal damage will be on his list of charges.”
You may also want to watch:
Sgt Shead finished his tweet with the hashtag #SpitHoods referring to a restraint device used to prevent someone from spitting or biting, which some forces in the UK have begun testing.
People commenting on Sgt Shead’s post described the suspect’s behaviour as “disgusting”.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 4 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 5 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 7 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 8 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 9 Family 'devastated' after thatched cottage badly damaged in fire
- 10 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence