Man taken to hospital with ‘serious injuries’ after reports of assault in Colchester town centre
- Credit: Archant
A man has been taken to hospital with what are believed to be serious injuries after an incident in Colchester on Monday morning.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: “We were called to reports of an assault in East Stockwell Street just after 9.15am this morning, February 11.
Following the initial call, officers were approached by the victim in George Street, where he was assessed and taken to hospital with injuries that are believed to be serious.
A man, who is known to the victim, was arrested a short time later on suspicion of GBH and immigration offences.
“He remains in custody for questioning.”
You may also want to watch:
Police are not linking the incident to any of the other incidents in Colchester on Monday.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 7 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 8 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 9 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 10 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town