Watch CCTV footage of JCB digger smashing into shop front during cash machine theft
- Credit: Essex Police
Essex Police has released CCTV footage in connection with the theft of a cash machine.
Thieves used a JCB digger to smash into the front of Newport Stores in Newport High Street, near Saffron Walden, shortly after 1.20am on Tuesday, September 25.
The cash machine was removed from the wall and believed to have been put on the back of a white Toyota Hilux, which then left the scene towards Wickham Road.
The Toyota was later found burnt out in a field between Hatley and Gamlingay in Cambridgeshire.
“Our enquiries remain ongoing and we are releasing CCTV footage in the hope it will jog the memory of anyone who saw these men or vehicles in the area before or after the incident,” an Essex Police spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
“We appreciate it’s not of the clearest quality, but someone will know who they are and we ask anyone with information to call us on 101 quoting the crime reference number 42/139010/18.”
Alternatively, people can Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 6 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 7 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 8 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies