Teen arrested after huge drugs stash found during stop and search
- Credit: ESSEX POLICE
A 19-year-old man has been arrested after police discovered a huge stash of drugs during a vehicle stop and search – thanks to a tip off from nearby residents.
The discovery was made in Earls Colne, near Colchester, on Thursday, March 7.
Following concerns raised by residents, officers from Essex Police stopped a vehicle in De Vere Road to find a large quantity of drugs and money.
A 19-year-old man was subsequently arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply Class A drugs, possession of firearms offences and money laundering.
He has since been released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Inspector Colin Cox, from the Braintree Community Policing Team, said: “I need members of the public to report information relating the sale of drugs in the Braintree District.
“All information – no matter how large or small – is really important to us and helps us to build up a picture of the issue.
- 1 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 2 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 3 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 4 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 5 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 6 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 7 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance
- 8 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 9 Revealed: The most popular names for babies born in Suffolk in 2020
- 10 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
“If you have any information you can call us on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”