Essex: Police hunting man who assaulted student
DETECTIVES are hunting a man who assaulted a student at a school in north Essex.
Police were contacted shortly before 11am on Tuesday, January 8 following reports that a man had approached a girl at a school on Braintree Road in Felsted and threatened her.
The teenage girl managed to escape and ran off before alerting a teacher.
Investigating officer, DI Stephen Jennings, said: “This man’s description is very detailed and distinctive in several ways.
“We would urge people who were in the area of the school between 10.30-11.30am on Tuesday morning and who saw a man matching the physical or clothing description given to contact us.”
The man is described as white, aged around 30, about 5ft 10ins with short, dark brown hair which was gelled up.
At the time, he was wearing jeans, a blue hoodie with white tassels and trainers.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 6 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 7 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 9 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 10 Plans submitted for Suffolk equestrian centre's new home
Anyone with information in connection with this assault is urged to contact detectives at Braintree police station on 101.