Woman in her 80s pushed off bench and robbed in Harwich
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 80s hit her head on a bench after she was pushed over and robbed in Harwich.
The victim was sitting on the bench on the waterfront close to Cliff Park between 10.30am and 11am on Monday, January 14, when a man approached her and pushed her over.
A spokesman for Essex Police said she hit her head on the bench before the suspect stole her bag and ran away.
The man is described as wearing dark grey clothing and a dark-coloured, woollen beanie-style hat.
The victim did not suffer serious injuries as a result of the robbery.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed the man may have been hanging around the area for some time before the robbery took place.
If you witnessed the robbery, or saw anything suspicious in the area at the time it took place, call Essex police on 101 quoting crime reference number 42/7240/19.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 4 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 7 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 9 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 10 Audi and Jaguar crash into central reservation on A12 at Copdock
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or visit www.crimestoppers-uk.org