Arson appeal after deliberate fires started in north Essex
- Credit: Google
Arsonists are reported to have started several fires in north Essex – including one that damaged property.
Essex Police is appealing for information in connection with the fires, which officers believe were started deliberately in Marks Tey overnight on Friday into Saturday.
Officers received reports of fires in Godmans Lane, Jays Lane, Ashbury Drive and Keable Road, between 11.30pm-1.20am.
“These reports were around trees and areas of grassland that were set alight,” a police spokesman said.
“In one incident, a fire spread to a property damaging a front porch.”
People with information are asked to call Colchester police station on 101 or to report it online.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively, you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 2 'Dedicated' volunteer police officer dies after having Covid-19
- 3 New cheese afternoon tea launched in Suffolk
- 4 Huge numbers of Covid vaccine bookings in Suffolk
- 5 Floods as river bursts its banks at beauty spot
- 6 Ipswich closing in on Thomas signing, as club await Harrop medical results
- 7 Three fined for breaching Covid rules after reports of 'gathering'
- 8 Where Ipswich Town are at with ins and outs during the January transfer window
- 9 Latest 'R rate' shows coronavirus still spreading in region
- 10 Suffolk coronavirus vaccine concerns – your questions answered