Arson appeal after deliberate fires started in north Essex
- Credit: Google
Arsonists are reported to have started several fires in north Essex – including one that damaged property.
Essex Police is appealing for information in connection with the fires, which officers believe were started deliberately in Marks Tey overnight on Friday into Saturday.
Officers received reports of fires in Godmans Lane, Jays Lane, Ashbury Drive and Keable Road, between 11.30pm-1.20am.
“These reports were around trees and areas of grassland that were set alight,” a police spokesman said.
“In one incident, a fire spread to a property damaging a front porch.”
People with information are asked to call Colchester police station on 101 or to report it online.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively, you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 5 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 6 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 7 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 8 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 9 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 10 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook