Driver arrested over M11 fatal crash is released under investigation
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
An Ipswich man arrested in connection with a fatal crash on the M11 near Stansted Airport has been released under investigation by Essex Police.
The 38-year-old was arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving while under the influence of drink or drugs, as well as driving while unfit through drink or drugs, after he was involved in the three-car accident.
The incident happened at around 4.30pm on October 31 when the 38-year-old’s white Ford Transit was involved in a collision with a blue Mercedes and a Volkswagen Transporter on the northbound stretch between junctions 8 and 8a.
The driver of the Mercedes, a man in his 50s, died at the scene.
The driver of the van was arrested at the scene and taken into police custody.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who saw the collision or any of the vehicles in the moments before it took place has been asked to contact police.
Witnesses, or those with dash cam footage, should call the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101 quoting incident 808 of October 31.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 7 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 8 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 9 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
- 10 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
People can also email email@example.com or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.