Rogue traders steal fridge from elderly woman in Holland-on-Sea
- Credit: Archant
Police in Essex are warning residents to stay vigilant after rogue traders posing as cleaners stole from an elderly woman in Holland-on-Sea.
Essex Police received reports of men acting suspiciously in Madeira Road at around 10am on Tuesday, July 3,.
The suspects approached the home of a woman in her 70s and offered to clean her bungalow, which she accepted.
While they were in the property the men took cash for the work but left shortly afterwards, also taking her fridge without permission.
When they were challenged, they insisted they were coming back but did not return.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for Essex Police said: “We believe they may have knocked on other doors within the community offering a cleaning service and could be targeting elderly or vulnerable members of the community.”
Descriptions have been issued of the two suspects.
- 1 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 2 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 3 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 4 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
- 8 Returning fans, new faces and a visit from Premier League royalty - Town face Crystal Palace as pre-season moves up a gear
- 9 Matchday Live: Palace visit Portman Road as fans return
- 10 Town expecting more than 6,000 fans for Crystal Palace friendly
The first suspect has been described as white, tall, aged in his 40s and wore jeans and a t-shirt.
The second suspect has been described as white, aged in his 40s and had stubble or a short beard. He was also wearing jeans and a t-shirt.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call PC Eden Quinn at Clacton police station quoting crime reference 42/94427/18.
Alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
For more advice about rogue traders visit Essex Police’s website.