Woman flown to hospital after falling from railings above busy Essex road
- Credit: Archant
An older woman was airlifted to hospital after reportedly falling from railings close to a bridge in Colchester.
Essex Police said it was called at 1.30pm today to reports of an incident in Balkerne Hill.
“The woman has been taken to hospital by air ambulance and the road has since reopened to traffic,” a spokesman added.
The East of England Ambulance was also called, at 1.15pm, to reports the woman had fallen “from height” in Balkerne Hill.
Two ambulances and the Essex and Herts Air Ambulance attended.
You may also want to watch:
“On arrival, they treated a woman in her 70s for injuries to the pelvic region,” a spokesman added.
“The patient was taken to Colchester hospital by road for further care.
- 1 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 2 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 4 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 5 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 6 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 7 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 8 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 9 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 10 Is this the most perfect pizza in Suffolk?
“Her current condition is unknown.”