Car seized as driver tests positive for cocaine
- Credit: Archant
A car stopped by police was seized after the driver tested positive for drugs.
Essex Roads Policing Unit Tweeted on Wednesday, December 12 that they stopped the vehicle in Colchester because they believed it was linked to the supply of drugs.
Officers Tweeted that no substances were found in the vehicle but said: “The driver has tested positive for cocaine and their vehicle is being seized as their licence has been revoked.”
Along with other forces, Essex Police is currently running its December campaign to clamp down on drink and drug-driving.
Officers have now revealed that for the first time ever, more people were arrested for drug-driving than drink-driving in the county in November.
In total 125 drivers were arrested on suspicion of drug-driving while 114 were arrested on suspicion of drink-driving.
You may also want to watch:
A further 34 people were arrested on suspicion of failing to provide a specimen.
Adam Pipe, Essex Police’s head of road policing, said: “These figures are staggering and really highlight how much of an issue drug driving in Essex is.”
- 1 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 4 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 8 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 9 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 10 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season