Essex’s Olly Murs to join Sir Tom Jones, Jennifer Hudson and will.i.am as coach on The Voice UK
- Credit: PA
Essex’s Olly Murs will sit in the famous red chair as a judge for the next series of The Voice UK and says he is “absolutely buzzing” to be joining the ITV show.
The Witham-born singer, who shot to fame on the X-Factor, will join will.i.am, Sir Tom Jones and Jennifer Hudson as a coach, replacing Bush lead singer Gavin Rossdale.
Olly will take his place in the red chair for the first time this weekend when the blind auditions kick off in Salford.
The pop sensation, who performed to more than 16,000 people at the Weston Homes Community Stadium, Colchester, this summer, said: “I’m absolutely buzzing about being a coach on The Voice UK and can’t wait to sit in the big red chair alongside will, Jennifer and Tom.
“I’m excited to mentor new artists and without doubt I’m in it to win.”
The star paid a surprise visit to Lowestoft on Saturday to see his team Coggeshall Town take on Kirkley and Pakefield FC, with some fans taking the opportunity to get a quick snap with the singer.
You may also want to watch:
The new series of The Voice UK, which will be presented by Emma Willis, will air on ITV early next year.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 'It was a bit of a heavy weight' - Cook on Evans, Morsy and the Town captaincy
- 7 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 8 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 9 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 10 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast