Essex: Shock as unconscious patient paramedics were called to help is actually a mannequin
- Credit: Archant
PARAMEDICS and an air ambulance raced to the scene of an emergency - only to find a mannequin left in a parked car.
Crews from the East of England Ambulance Service were alerted at 7.40am today to reports of a person unconscious and not breathing in a locked car.
The vehicle was covered in snow and ice, leading to concerns the occupant may have been suffering from exposure to the cold.
But when they arrived at Milton Road in Harwich, Essex, paramedics quickly realised the mistake.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “Following assessments at the scene, it appears the person in the car was actually a mannequin.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a very unusual incident our crews attended this morning and the person who dialled 999 did the right thing as they could not gain access to the car and thought the person was not breathing.”
The crews were quickly stood down.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting