Essex: Shock as unconscious patient paramedics were called to help is actually a mannequin
- Credit: Archant
PARAMEDICS and an air ambulance raced to the scene of an emergency - only to find a mannequin left in a parked car.
Crews from the East of England Ambulance Service were alerted at 7.40am today to reports of a person unconscious and not breathing in a locked car.
The vehicle was covered in snow and ice, leading to concerns the occupant may have been suffering from exposure to the cold.
But when they arrived at Milton Road in Harwich, Essex, paramedics quickly realised the mistake.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “Following assessments at the scene, it appears the person in the car was actually a mannequin.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a very unusual incident our crews attended this morning and the person who dialled 999 did the right thing as they could not gain access to the car and thought the person was not breathing.”
The crews were quickly stood down.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 10 7 pretty villages in Suffolk