Essex: Six-foot Python escapes from thatched property engulfed by flames
FIREFIGHTERS are battling a blaze which has completely engulfed the roof of a thatched house.
In total, nine crews are at the scene of the fire in Pledgdon Green, Henham, near Bishops’s Stortford.
They were first alerted to the incident at 5.15am and on arrival they discovered that 100per cent of the roof was alight and 50pc of the first floor was on fire.
The RSPCA is in attendance at the incident to search for a six-foot Python which escaped from the property when the fire broke out.
Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters have been tackling the flames using four hose reel jets,
You may also want to watch:
By 7.45am, crews reported that they were still fighting the fire and were carrying out salvage operations to recover any of the residents personal items from the property.
Divisional Officer Jon Anderson, incident commander, says that good progress is being made.
- 1 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 2 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 3 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 4 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 5 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 6 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 7 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 8 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 9 Long-serving parish clerk resigns from council hit by flaring tensions
- 10 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship