Essex: Spate of attempted burglaries in Clacton and Walton
DETECTIVES in Clacton are appealing for information after an attempted burglary in Walton and three in Clacton in the last few days.
An empty premises in Kirby Road, Walton was broken into sometime between October 8-11.
Although the two doors at the property were damaged nothing was taken.
On October 10 a suspect attempted to force the front door of a property in Ruaton Drive, Clacton whilst the occupants were out.
Again the door frame was damaged but nothing taken. However a short distance way in Hyacinth Close suspects did get into a house and stole various electrical items and a small amount of cash.
You may also want to watch:
The lock of a conservatory was damaged in Southcliff Park, Clacton, when someone tried to force their way inside. The incident happened between 9am Wednesday and 8.30am on Friday, October 12.
Dc Lee Winfield, who is investigating, said: “I would like to warn residents to be careful to lock windows and doors and if they see anyone acting suspiciously around a neighbour’s home to call police immediately.”
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 7 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 8 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 9 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 10 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
Anyone with any information about the four incidents is asked to contact Dc Winfield at the Target Offender team at Clacton on 101 or via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111