Rail disruption as car strikes bridge
- Credit: Archant
Rail passengers travelling between Suffolk, Essex and London face prospects of delays after a car struck a bridge near Chelmsford.
All Greater Anglia services running through Chelmsford - which include trains heading to London Liverpool Street and Stratford - are running at a reduced speed following the collision, causing delays.
Network Rail engineers are en route to the scene to examine the bridge's condition - the extent of any damages is not currently known.
Current delays are between five and 13 minutes long depending on the service.
Greater Anglia expects disruption to continue until 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
The following services are affected:
11:18 London Liverpool Street to Clacton-On-Sea due 12:44
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 6 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 7 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 8 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
11:30 London Liverpool Street to Norwich due 13:27
11:35 Colchester Town to London Liverpool Street due 12:45
11:48 London Liverpool Street to Braintree due 12:50
12:02 London Liverpool Street to Ipswich due 13:25