Essex/UK: Victim of sex assault video sought
Police are trying to trace a young woman who was videoed being sexually assaulted while on holiday in Corfu.
Essex Police have been handed footage from a video camera which features the “shocking” attack alongside more routine holiday clips.
They are now trying to trace the British victim, who was subjected to the ordeal in Kavos during the early hours of July 30.
The video, handed to police in August, shows the woman being sexually assaulted on a bed in a hotel in Kavos. It is believed most of the people staying in the resort at the time were British.
Police have been investigating for months but have now decided to make their appeal public.
You may also want to watch:
It is suspected that her attacker was a fellow Briton who was holidaying with a group of friends.
Detective Inspector Hayley King said: “We don’t know when the young woman returned to the UK or which airport she flew back into. We strongly believe that she is from the UK.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 3 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 4 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 5 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 9 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
- 10 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
“The offence took place in a hotel room. We don’t though know which hotel it is in Kavos, and there are many.”
In a bid to help the victim identify herself, police have said she was wearing a number of coloured wristbands obtained from local clubs.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Essex Police’s sexual offences investigation team in Brentwood on 01279 625428 or email email@example.com