Essex: University of Essex students rank their education in UK’s top two
- Credit: Archant
Students at the University of Essex have given a massive vote of approval to their degree courses with record scores in the National Student Survey placing the university second in the UK.
Overall satisfaction ratings rose 93% compared to the national average of 85%, meaning Essex has come out second among more than 100 universities.
The university achieved record scores in every category with a rise of 8% for satisfaction with assessment and feedback to 76%, and an increase from 78 to 84% satisfaction with personal development.
Vice chancellor Professor Anthony Forster said: “We are delighted that our commitment to offering an outstanding education is appreciated by our students.
“We are putting our money where our mouth is, with a £200million investment in our facilities. Over the last three years the university has started work on a £26m student centre and library extension at its Colchester campus to be opened in 2014, a £22m student village with 650 bed spaces on the Meadows at the Colchester campus, and a £23m academic and public library and learning centre at our Southend campus, opening in September.”
You may also want to watch:
Nine out of 10 students were satisfied with the teaching on their course, 85% were satisfied with academic support and satisfaction with the Students’ Union came in at 74%.
Becky Fisher, Students’ Union president, said she was pleased with the increase in overall satisfaction.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 9 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 10 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M
“As the representative body of students at Essex we work closely with the university, both in terms of encouraging student feedback in this survey and in delivering services and support that have a positive impact on the student experience,” she said.