Euston Hall recognised in national architectural awards
- Credit: Archant
A grand Suffolk country hall was recognised in a national awards ceremony which celebrates exemplary conservation and restoration projects.
Euston Hall, near Thetford, was jointly commended in the restoration of a Georgian interior category at the Georgian Group Architectural Awards.
The awards, sponsored by Savills and now in their 15th year, reward those who have shown the vision and commitment to restore Georgian buildings and designed landscapes.
In addition, the awards also commend new buildings in the classical tradition.
Architects Francis Johnston and Partners were behind the interior restoration at Euston Hall.
You may also want to watch:
Crispin Holborow, country director of Savills private office and member of the judging panel, said: “Some wonderful entries this year. In particular the tenacity and attention to detail of some owners in restoring their houses and landscapes is awe inspiring.
“The new build category exemplifies the imaginative and decorative skills still evident among the architectural and artisan community.”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 7 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 8 Town set to learn Carabao Cup and Papa John's Trophy opponents
- 9 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 10 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash