Everything is awesome as nursery turns to Lego for Suffolk Show plans
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of displays of flowers will be adding colour to the Suffolk Show this week – but few will have started life quite like the offering from Katie’s Gardens plant centre.
The Newbourne-based centre have planned their stand in miniature … from Lego.
Nursery assistant Catherine McMillan said: “There have been jokes that we should use Lego for the full-size display, but I think we can grow plants more quickly than we can build them out of bricks, and the real things are certainly much cheaper!
“The model has withstood getting wet, being covered in compost on the nursery and covered in sawdust in the workshop, which is more than you could say for paper plans.
“Lego isn’t available in enough colours to show off the 30 varieties of Heuchera we’ll be including but we’re hoping the model will stand us in good stead anyway,” she added.
You may also want to watch:
The display will be in the Glasswells Flower pavilion.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 4 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 7 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed