Extra car parking spaces approved near to Manningtree rail station
- Credit: Su Anderson
Proposals to create extra parking spaces for commuters in Manningtree have been given the go-ahead.
William Sunnucks at Little Green Self Storage in Lawford wants to provide 45 spaces on land at the back of the firm’s units in Station Road.
The site is surplus to the needs of the business, and will be rented out on a contract basis.
Little Green Self Storage provides facilities for both companies and individuals and has enough parking for its own customers to the front of its premises.
The nearby Manningtree railway station car park is almost always full, and the extra spaces would offer a secure and guaranteed facility for commuters within easy walking distance.
You may also want to watch:
The hardstanding is already in place as is the fencing and gate, and the project would require no external changes.
Tendring District Council has approved the scheme for as long as the self storage company is operating from the site.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 8 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 9 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 10 Shoplifter caught stealing £829 worth of alcohol from Sainsbury's
Lawford Parish Council had no objections, and neither did Essex County Council as the highways authority.
There were no other public representations received by district council.