Additional trains running to and from the Christmas Fayre
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Extra train services will be running to and from Bury St Edmunds for the annual Christmas Fayre which begins tomorrow, Thursday, November 22.
In addition to the normal timetabled service, there will be eight additional services running in both directions between Ipswich and Bury St Edmunds on Sunday, November 25, both before and after the event.
All other trains will run with the maximum number of available carriages on the day.
Additional staff will also be on hand to help and guide people and James Reeve, Greater Anglia’s area customer service manager, said: “The Christmas Fayre at Bury St Edmunds is one of the highlights of the Christmas calendar and we know many people choose to travel there by train.
“Although we are running additional trains and extra carriages we still anticipate these trains to be full. Extra colleagues will also be on hand to help passengers at Bury St Edmunds.
You may also want to watch:
“We expect trains to be very busy while the market is on and would encourage people to check before they travel.”
Customers can find out train and journey times on the Greater Anglia website or app.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 3 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 4 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 5 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 6 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 7 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 8 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 9 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- 10 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms