Focus on Eye in council workshop for community
- Credit: citizenside.com
Residents in Eye are being invited to a special meeting to help shape its future.
Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils want people to give their views on the town and what they think it needs as part of its drive to develop an economic blueprint.
The 'Shaping the future of Eye' workshop takes place at Eye town hall on Thursday July 11 and will support the council's Vision for Prosperity initiative.
Gerard Brewster, deputy leader and Cabinet Member for Economic Growth, said similar sessions had been held in Hadleigh and Needham Market.
"Our smaller communities can sometimes be more vulnerable to economic changes so it is essential that the Vision is developed with the backing of the local community to ensure changes implemented are positive for residents and businesses," he said.
You may also want to watch:
There are two sessions - 4.30pm to 6pm and 6.30pm to 8pm. Young people are encouraged to attend.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 7 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 8 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 9 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
- 10 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners