FA Cup shirt auction reaches £4,000
BIDS for FA Cup winner Roger Osborne's prized Ipswich Town shirt have reached £4,000.Osborne, 53, is auctioning the shirt he wore when he scored the winning goal against Arsenal in the 1978 FA Cup final in aid of breast cancer charity Breakthrough.
BIDS for FA Cup winner Roger Osborne's prized Ipswich Town shirt have reached £4,000.
Osborne, 53, is auctioning the shirt he wore when he scored the winning goal against Arsenal in the 1978 FA Cup final in aid of breast cancer charity Breakthrough.
Supporters hoping to secure the shirt have upped the stakes to £4,000 and bidding goes on until the end of the month.
For 26 years since the 1-0 cup success it has hung in the club's boardroom as a reminder of that glorious afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
But now the former Blues star, who still lives in the town and manages Rushmere Sports Club, has decided to sell off the shirt for a good cause.
"The ladies from Breakthrough sent me a letter asking if there was anything I could donate," said Osborne.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 6 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 7 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 8 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 9 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 10 Town's first game of the season will be all-ticket
"This seemed like a good idea. I think they were a bit surprised I would like to think my shirt could do some good."
He said he was staggered his shirt was worth so much. "I hadn't ever really given it a thought. Because it was mine I didn't really think it was worth much.
"I suppose it is unique really. It's only ever been worn once."