Facebook photo of white van spotted near schools in Hadleigh is not connected to girl being approached incident, say police
- Credit: PA
Police in Hadleigh have said there is no link between a photograph of a white van parked near schools, which is being shared on Facebook, and a recent incident in which a girl was approached by a white van driver.
A girl walking along Angel Street in Hadleigh was approached by a white Transit Connect van at around 3.30pm on Thursday, February 5. The male driver of the van asked her to get in.
The incident was reported to police who are continuing to investigate it.
Today, police have said a recent Facebook post by a member of the public is warning residents of a white van being spotted near schools in Hadleigh to get children to step inside.
Police have said they have identified the owner of the white van pictured in the Facebook post, which displays a foreign registration plate.
A force spokesman said: “They have spoken to the driver and passengers and are confident that there is no link between the vehicle and reports of an incident that recently took place in Hadleigh.”
PC Matthew Thomas, of the Babergh East Safer Neighbourhood Team, said: “We would like to reassure local residents of Hadleigh that the recent Facebook posting of a white van is not connected to an incident where a girl was approached.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 3 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 4 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 7 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 8 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 9 Hazel O'Connor's Sudbury shows cancelled due to 'serious medical incident'
- 10 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
“Information relating to incidents reported to police will be published via the Constabulary’s official Facebook page.”
The man police want to trace after the girl was approached is described as white, in his 30s, with brown medium length hair and a skull tattoo on the right side of his neck.
To help police, call 101.