Family pay tribute to ‘dreadfully missed’ Sarah
THE grieving family of an Ipswich woman found dead in the sea while on holiday have today paid tribute to their “beautiful” daughter.
Sarah Shields’ body was discovered off the southern coast of Gran Canaria on July 7.
The 23-year-old was reported missing on July 11 by her family after she failed to return home from her holiday.
Her family issued a tribute this afternoon, led by her mother Angela.
She said: “Sarah was the youngest of my four children. She was always a happy smiling child. It was like she was born to smile.
You may also want to watch:
“From a young age to leaving school, Sarah enjoyed going to dancing classes with her niece who is just 17 months younger.
“From there on Sarah would try anything from auditioning for the X-Factor to Big Brother.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
“Sarah loved animals and last year bought a Chihuahua cross puppy she named Bruiser. “When Sarah moved home in April she didn’t think it fair on him being in a flat so he stayed with me and my other animals, but Sarah would always come round when she finished work to spend time with Bruiser and walk him.
“Bruiser would sit on the back of the sofa waiting for Sarah’s car to pull up outside. “He still sits there now looking out of the window, we’re sure he’s looking for Sarah.
“Sarah had such flair for life, she loved clothes, and always dressed so lovely both when dressed casually or for a night out.
“We as a family wish to thank everyone for their kind messages and words of comfort. “To Suffolk Police for their brilliant work and amazing support and to the local media for the sympathetic way in which this tragic event has been reported and for allowing my family space to grieve.
“We know life will never be the same without Sarah’s beautiful smiling face and zest for life.
“She is so dreadfully missed by me, her dad, sister, brothers, nieces and nephews.”
- Miss Shields’ boyfriend, Chris Chittock, has been charged with perverting the course of justice.
He appeared in Ipswich Crown Court yesterday and was remanded in custody until September 17.
He remains on police bail after being arrested on suspicion of murder. He is due to answer bail on September 15.