Family's tribute to crash victim
By Patrick LowmanA HEARTBROKEN family has paid tribute to the “perfect” son and fiancé who died in a car crash.Sam Hewson, 23, from Great Cornard, died in a car accident on the B1068 at Stoke-by-Nayland on Friday night.
By Patrick Lowman
A HEARTBROKEN family has paid tribute to the “perfect” son and fiancé who died in a car crash.
Sam Hewson, 23, from Great Cornard, died in a car accident on the B1068 at Stoke-by-Nayland on Friday night.
His devastated family said the popular Manchester United fan would be “sadly missed” by everyone who knew him.
You may also want to watch:
His fiancée Mandy Miller, 21, added: “He was not just my fiancé, he was my best friend, we did everything together everyday. He was my world.”
Mr Hewson had lived with his fiancée's parents Paul and Brenda and their son Robert in Great Cornard for the past 22 months.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 4 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 10 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles
He was born in Lincolnshire and moved to Suffolk in 1997 when he was aged 16. At the time he lived with his father John and stepmother Sheila, in Shelley Road, Stoke-by-Nayland.
After leaving school, Mr Hewson worked at Partridges hardware store in Hadleigh before becoming a roofer with the Little Maplestead-based Crown Roofing.
He later worked for SRS Roofing Services, based in Acton, and before his death had just qualified as a forklift driver and was employed by Sudbury firm Grating Company.
His main interest outside work was football and he played for the Wickham Ship pub's Sunday team.
Mr Hewson and Miss Miller got engaged at Christmas 2003 and were planning to get married in the near future.
Miss Miller said: “Sam was very, very popular, you just couldn't dislike him - he had a very cheeky grin and that is what everyone will always remember.
“I am just absolutely gutted, there is going to be a big hole in my life. We was just perfect in everyway, he would do anything for anybody.”
His father added: “He was always such a happy boy, just full of life. I couldn't have wished for a better son.
“He was very family-minded and he would give someone the last penny he had in his pocket if he thought he could help. He lived day by day and we just cannot put into words how much we are going to miss him.”
His fiancée's mother, Mrs Miller said: “We just keep expecting him to walk through the door, all the time he lived here we never had a cross word. I was very much looking forward to him becoming our son-in-law because he was like a son to us anyway.”
Mr Hewson died when the Ford Orion car he was driving left the road and collided with a tree. Anyone with information should contact Suffolk police on 01473 613500.