Farlingaye High School team win national handball finals
- Credit: Archant
An U13 girls’ team from Farlingaye High School, in Woodbridge, took part in the national competition as one amongst 1500 schools.
They won the Ipswich and South Suffolk, the county, and the regional finals to go to Worcester for the national finals.
After playing four round robin games the team’s final match came was against Bower Park Academy from Romford and went to penalties after the scores were tied at 2-2 after full and extra time. .
A spokesperson for the school said “It was a tense and tight match, going into extra time and then penalties.
“There isn’t a handball club within 60 miles of Woodbridge, and all the training was done in school.
You may also want to watch:
“The girls are very talented in a range of other sports and transferred their skills onto the handball court.”
- 1 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 2 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 7 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 8 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 9 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe